Pop-In@Nordstrom explores the world of technology
SEATTLE (June 30, 2017) – Pop-In@Nordstrom is welcoming more than 125 tech-themed products to its latest iteration of curated shops, Pop-In@Nordstrom: GETS WIRED. The breadth of product handpicked by Olivia Kim, vice president of Creative Projects, spans home, fitness, health, travel, accessories, pet care, and more, and launches June 30 in select stores and online.
The first-ever, tech Pop-In shop for Nordstrom is designed to replicate the inside of a computer, giving customers the experience of stepping into a computer circuit board. The in-store replication will have a clean technical feel: an all-white environment with blue fluorescent lighting, display tables disguised as computer chips and capacitors with metallic connectors, and a circuit board floor graphic all designed by Kim’s Creative Projects team.
Celebrating the best of tech, Pop-In@Nordstrom: GETS WIRED offers a mix of retro to cutting-edge tech items. Prices range from $9.99 to $1,888.
Want to explore uncharted territory under the sea? Now you can with the new LED-equipped, PowerVision Power Ray Underwater Robot drone that can operate at a depth of 30 meters for up to four hours at a time.
Want to build a 3D prototype at home? Now you can with the 3D Synergy Polaroid 3D printer that allows users to build incredible quality 3D artwork, prototypes, jewelry or models and monitor progress through an iOS or Android app.
Want to cook using voice control? Now you can with the world’s smallest and most powerful sous vide tool. The Bluetooth-enabled ChefSteps: Joule Sous Vide cooks to the precise temperature and time it’s told for food that’s easy to prepare and ready at your convenience.
Additional items include:
- Tech for home: Philips Viva Airfryer, Petcube Camera to watch and play with your pet left at home, Goal Zero Solar Panel, the Hiku voice controlled Smart Kitchen that scans barcodes to create shopping lists, and more.
- Tech for travel: Navdy transparent dashboard GPS, Ollo Clip Active Lens to clip on your iPhone for upgraded Telephoto and Ultra-Wide lenses, DJI Osmo, Nanuk Protective Cases, and more.
- Tech for sound: Skybuds Truly Wireless Earbuds, Master & Dynamic Headphones, Sonos wifi home audio products, B & O Bluetooth Speaker, and more.
- Tech for entertainment: Addictive Fidget Spinners, Polaroid Draw 3D Pen, Polaroid Cameras, Ubtech’s smart Robot, Gamevice Mobile Console Gaming, and a selection of drones from DJI, Abrim Enterprises, Polaroid, Parrot, and PowerVision, and more.
- Tech for fitness/health: Garmin Fenix 5 activity tracker, Ringly Go activity tracker that offers guided meditation, Moov Now Motion Based Coach with app-guided workouts based on your movement and heart rate, iHealth Core scale that measures body composition, and more.
In her role, Kim focuses on creating energy, excitement, a sense of discovery and a bit of disruption through engaging and unique shopping experiences at Nordstrom, both in-stores and online. Kim’s Creative Projects initiatives have established Nordstrom as a retail platform to test new partnerships, concept shops and to bring limited distribution collections to customers, as well as introduce customers to the best up-and-coming brands and new talent.
Pop-In@Nordstrom: GETS WIRED is in the following Nordstrom store locations and online at Nordstrom.com/pop from June 30 to August 13:
- Downtown Seattle, Seattle, Wash.
- Bellevue Square, Bellevue, Wash.
- NorthPark Center, Dallas, Texas
- The Grove, Los Angeles, Calif.
- South Coast Plaza, Costa Mesa, Calif.
- Michigan Avenue, Chicago, Ill.
- CF Pacific Centre, Vancouver, B.C.
- CF Toronto Eaton Centre, Toronto, Ont.
Launched in October 2013, Pop-In@Nordstrom is an ongoing series of themed pop-up shops that transitions every four to six weeks to offer a new shopping experience and batch of new, often exclusive merchandise. Pop-In takes two forms: a shop curated around a theme featuring brands across different product categories (fashion, beauty, lifestyle, home/garden, sports/outdoors, etc.), or a partnership with a single brand to bring “the world of” to customers. Pop-In@Nordstrom was built on a monthly rotation to keep customers coming back to discover new brands, new merchandise and create a fun and compelling experience in stores and online. Each shop features a mix of hand-picked merchandise spanning the high/low price range, with price points often starting at $5.
Pop-In@Nordstrom was the first initiative from the Nordstrom Creative Projects team, under the direction of Olivia Kim (Vice President of Creative Projects). In her role, Kim focuses on creating energy, excitement, and inspiration throughout the retailer’s national locations. Pop-In@Nordstrom partnerships have included: Alexander Wang, Aesop, Warby Parker, Nike, VANS, Opening Ceremony, Gentle Monster, Topshop/Topman, rag & bone, Converse, Liberty London’s Flowers of Liberty collection, curated art and housewares lifestyle brand Poketo, the U.S. debut of Hong Kong fashion collective I.T., the Italian Trade Commission, and Danish home goods brand HAY.