Every Purchase Makes a Difference
Treasure & Bond, one of our Nordstrom Made brands, has always donated 2.5% of net sales to nationally acclaimed charities such as YWCA, Boys and Girls Club and more, resulting in $5.6 million given since 2014.
Today, we're taking a new, localized approach. Treasure & Bond will now partner in five regions to support different initiatives, including housing, mental health services and job training for young people experiencing homelessness. Our priority with this is ensuring that these individuals have the basic necessities to reach their full potential. That includes providing housing stability, access to education and job readiness programs and more.
The organizations include: The Ali Forney Center in New York City; Youth Emerging Stronger in Los Angeles; The Night Ministry in Chicago; Covenant House in Toronto; and YouthCare in Seattle.
- The Ali Forney Center (New York, NY) provides LGBTQ young people a safe, dignified and nurturing environment meeting their housing needs and support so that they may begin to put their lives back together. "The funds will go to providing the love, care and support services of the LGBTQ youth we protect," said Alexander Roque, executive director of the center.
- Covenant House (Toronto, ON) provides life-changing care with unconditional love and respect to youth experiencing homelessness and survivors of sex trafficking. They offer housing options, health and well-being support, training and skill development, and ongoing care once youth move into the community. "With Nordstrom's support, we can continue to help youth who are homeless, trafficked or at risk take back control of their lives and build a brighter future," said Josie do Rego, Covenant House's director of development and communications.
- The Night Ministry (Chicago, IL) provides housing, health care and human connection to members of our community struggling with poverty or homelessness. With an open heart and an open mind, The Night Ministry accepts people as they are and addresses their immediate physical, emotional, and social needs while affirming their sense of humanity and helping them build lives of stability. According to Paul W. Hamann, president & CEO of The Night Ministry. "More than 11,000 young people experience homelessness every year in Chicago. The Night Ministry's youth programs provide safe, supportive housing and services that help hundreds of these youth every year, meeting their immediate needs while laying the groundwork for greater stability."
- YouthCare (Seattle, WA) works to end youth homelessness and to ensure that young people are valued for who they are and empowered to achieve their potential. Through a combination of individualized services tailored to young people's needs and a trusting relationship with a caring adult, YouthCare ensures that young people experiencing homelessness achieve long-term stability. "Our work together in this community goes back more than a decade, thanks to the Nordstrom family's leadership and steady commitment to young people in our region," said Melinda Giovengo, YouthCare's president & CEO.
- Youth Emerging Stronger (Los Angeles, CA) provides runaway, homeless and foster youth with safety, stability and housing, along with relationships and resources to thrive now and in the future. "Programs like [Treasure & Bond] remind us that there are internationally-recognized corporations who truly care about local communities and are out there helping organizations like YES make positive changes for the betterment of humanity," said Mark Supper, president & CEO of the organization.
Treasure & Bond represents just one of the many ways we give back to our communities. Each year, we donate millions of dollars to nonprofit organizations across the U.S. and Canada. Beyond corporate giving and cause marketing, we're proud to also support our employees in giving back to the organizations and causes that are most important to them. For every employee across the company, our Employee Charitable Match and Volunteer program matches, dollar for dollar, their donations of time and money up to $5,000 per year.
For more on all our CSR and Charitable Giving efforts, visit press.nordstrom.com/nordstrom-cares.