Making a Difference with Children's Miracle Network Hospitals
We're always looking for ways to help the communities we serve and for opportunities to work with local organizations that are making a difference. Over the holidays, we had the chance to do both through a new partnership with the Children's Miracle Network Hospitals.
In addition to finding the perfect gift for the holidays, customers at Full-Line stores could purchase $10 giving tags to help provide life-saving care, education and research at local children's hospitals in the region around their store. Over the course of the campaign, we raised more than $150,000 in giving tag sales and online donations. Additionally, we are pleased to provide CMN Hospitals with a $100,000 grant to further support the care they provide to children and their families across the US, Canada and Puerto Rico.
While fundraising is a critical part of this partnership, we're also excited about the other unique ways our teams showed support:
- More than 20 of our stores connected with their local hospitals by inviting staff members to attend store employee meetings, arranging tours of hospitals and meeting with local champion kids who serve as the face for the millions of children treated across these hospitals every year.
- Melrose Nordstrom Local hosted events and activities for customers over a weekend, including a visit by Sasha Bogosian, a 10-year old fashion designer and former patient of Children's Hospital Los Angeles.
- Seattle Headquarter employees donated toys for Seattle Children's Hospital's 'Wish List' that were given to patients spending their holidays in the hospital. Since so many toys were donated, everything left after the holidays will be used to entertain children in places like the waiting rooms and to ensure that any child in the hospital on their birthday can receive a gift.
- In Vancouver BC, we partnered with BC Children's Hospital to sponsor the Robinson Ice Skating Rink.
- We partnered with parent bloggers to spread the word about the partnership and share personal experiences with children's hospitals.
We are so humbled by the support of our customers and employees during this partnership. Thank you to all those who participated for your commitment to helping make an impact on the children and their families at hospitals in each of your neighborhoods!