Nordstrom Releases 2021 Impact Report Tracking Progress Toward Goals
"We remain committed to working to reduce our impact on the environment, give back to communities, cultivate safe workplaces for the people who make our products, and strive to provide our employees with a great place to work," said
As a company,
- Donated more than 40,000 pairs of shoes and 17,000 winter coats to kids in need with Shoes That Fit and Operation Warm.
- Donated nearly
$11 millionto 325 organizations in communities where we do business.
$3.6 millionto 2,871 non-profits through our Employee Matching Donation program.
- Worked to strengthen the existing framework of eight existing Employee Resource Groups. To make them more accessible to all employees,
Nordstromimplemented a technology platform enabling thousands of store employees across the U.S.and Canadato join, if interested.
- Met 2025 goal to help customers extend the life of 250 tons of clothing through donation, resale and refurbishment.
- Met 2025 goal to contribute
$250,000in corporate donations to help slow and prevent climate change.
- Joined the
Clean Energy Buyers Association(CEBA), a community of nearly 300 energy customers and partners committed to achieving a 90% carbon-free U.S.electricity system by 2030.
NordstromBEAUTYCYCLE to Canadaand took back 5.99 tons of beauty packaging. The program was also awarded Good Housekeeping's2021 Sustainable Innovation Award.
- Sourced new, thinner poly mailers with 50% recycled content resulting in an estimated 192-ton reduction annually.
- Collected over 46 tons of clothing, shoes and accessories in 13 stores and through mail-in program with Give Back Box.
- Partnered with Forterra to offset our
Puget Soundstore emissions for 2021 through the Evergreen Carbon Capture Program.
- Signed the 15 Percent Pledge and committed to buy 10x more merchandise from Black-owned and -founded businesses by 2030.
- Added 145 Black- and Latinx-owned, -operated and -designed brands to our assortment and created Latinx- and Black-owned and -founded shopping categories on Nordstrom.com.
- Raised more than
$2 millionto support homeless youth through sales of Treasure & Bond products.
- Produced nearly 45% of
Nordstrom Madeproducts in factories that invest in women's empowerment training.
Visit Nordstrom.com/ImpactReport to read the complete report.
View original content to download multimedia:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/nordstrom-releases-2021-impact-report-tracking-progress-toward-goals-301536472.html